How to Enable "Unknown Sources" in Android to Install Apps Outside the Play Store
A critical aspect of being a softModder is the ability to install apps from outside the Play Store. Whether you want to install something that Google doesn't allow, like the CyanogenMod installer, or something that requires root privileges, like Xposed, you'll want to remember this handy little trick.
Enabling this function is a piece of cake—simply go to Settings -> Security.
Just check Unknown sources and you're all set.
Now that you're ready to install anything, check out our various Mods and Customizations that'll put this functionality to good use.
- How to Get Redbox Working on Incompatible Android Devices
- Lock Your Android with a Quick Shake Instead of Pressing Power
- How to Install Snapchat on a Nexus 7 or Any Other Android Tablet
- How to Install Adobe Flash Player on Your Samsung Galaxy S3 to Play Flash Videos & More
- Android Basics: How to Install Apps
- How to Install Adobe Flash Player on a Samsung Galaxy S4 to Watch Amazon Instant Videos & More
- Install WhatsApp on a Kindle Fire HDX or Other Amazon Kindle
- You Can Finally Customize Android TV's Screensaver Like a Chromecast—Here's How
- Find Updates for Non-Play Store Apps on Android More Easily with ApkTrack
- Google Play Store Improvements Rolling Out on Android: Here's How to Get Them Right Now
- Install the Android 5.0 Lollipop Messenger App on KitKat
- How to Set Separate Sleep/Wake Volumes on Your Samsung Galaxy S4
- How to Get Android M's New Clock App on Any Device Right Now
- How to Install Incompatible Apps from Google Play onto Your Android Device
- Get Better Quick Settings on a Samsung Galaxy S3 with This Fully Customizable Control Center
- Convert Your Favorite Android Apps into Chrome Apps
- How to Install the New KitKat 4.4.3 Dialer on Your HTC One
- How to Get Tons of Paid Android Apps for Free
- How to Install Firefox OS on Android Without Any Rooting or ROMs
- How to Play Space Invaders & Other Old School Atari 2600 Games on Your Samsung Galaxy Note 2